Ostelin Vitamin D3 1000IU Capsules 60 Pack
- Daily dose of vitamin D3: Provided in the form found naturally in the body, in a small and easy to swallow capsule
- Vitamin D is a key nutrient that supports general wellbeing: Ostelin Vitamin D3 1000IU maintains vitamin D levels in the body
- People who have an indoor lifestyle or who always wear sun protection have been found to be low in vitamin D
- Maintains bone and muscle strength, helps boost calcium absorption, supports bone mineralisation, and maintains healthy immune system function
- This medicine may not be right for you; Read the warnings before purchase, in warnings section below; Follow the directions for use
Ostelin Vitamin D3 1000IU provides a daily dose of vitamin D3, in the form found naturally in the body, in a small, easy to swallow capsule.Vitamin D is a key nutrient which supports general wellbeing, as it:Maintains bone and muscle strength
Helps boost calcium absorption
Supports bone mineralisation
Maintains healthy immune system functionVitamin D is made in the skin when exposed to ultraviolet light from the sun. Vitamin D is difficult to obtain from diet alone as not many foods are rich in vitamin D. People who have an indoor lifestyle or who always wear sun protection have been found to be low in vitamin D. Ostelin Vitamin D3 1000IU maintains vitamin D levels in the body.It contains no added gluten, lactose, sugar, artificial colours, artificial flavours, artificial sweeteners or dairy products.This product is halal certified.Always read the label and follow the directions for use. Contains soya bean and sodium metabisulfite.
From the Manufacturer
Always read the label and follow the directions for use. Contains soya bean and sodium metabisulfite.
Ostelin Vitamin D3 1000IU
- Fong J et al, Can Fam Physician 2012, 58:158-62.
- National Health and Medical Research Council 2008, Nutrient references for Australia and New Zealand.
- Kovacs CS, Physiol Rev 2016, 96:449-547.
- Mitchell PJ et al, Osteoporos Int 2015, 26(12):2723-2742.
- Better Health 2019, Calcium.
- Osteoporosis.org 2019, A new burden of disease analysis.
Want strong bones?
Ostelin Vitamin D3 1000IU provides a daily dose of vitamin D3, the form found naturally in the body. Each small, easy to swallow capsule contains Colecalciferol 25 micrograms (1000IU).
Vitamin D is important as it:
- Promotes calcium absorption and supports bone mineralisation
- Supports muscle function and maintains bone strength
- Maintains a healthy immune system function
Did you know?
Vitamin D is made in the skin when exposed to ultraviolet light from the sun. Insufficient vitamin D levels can reduce the absorption of calcium by up to 50%.¹
Benefits of Ostelin Vitamin D3 1000IU
Promotes calcium absorption and is involved with bone mineralisation
Maintains muscle function and bone strength
Maintains a healthy immune system function
Bone health across life stages
Pregnancy & Infancy
A developing baby needs calcium, especially during the third trimester of pregnancy when the skeleton is developing. 80% of the total calcium needed by a developing baby is transferred from the mother at this time.² ³
Children & Adolescents
During adolescence, puberty prompts a growth spurt and bones reach their maximum rate of growth. Calcium is especially important during this time, as these are crucial years where you are building your 'bone bank' for life.
You reach your peak bone mass at around 30 years old. The more you have in your 'bone bank' at this stage, the more you can stave off the age-related decline in bone density.
Menopause & Seniors
Between the ages of 50 and 70, women need more calcium than men to make up for rapid bone loss during menopause.² This is why osteoporosis is more common in Australian women.
- Brand: Ostelin
- Item form: Capsule
- Item dimensions L x W x H: 41 x 41 x 85 centimetres
- Item weight: 0.03 Kilograms
- Unit count: 60 count
- Product dimensions : 41 x 41 x 85 cm; 26 Grams
- Date First Available : 26 October 2017
- Manufacturer : Sanofi-aventis Healthcare Pty Ltd
- Manufacturer reference : 316090500100
- 6 in Vitamin D Supplements
Should I buy a supplement?
Vitamins and minerals are essential nutrients that are an essential component of your diet. Within your body, vitamins and minerals are responsible for converting food into energy and repairing cellular damage, along with hundreds of other roles in the body. While eating a well-balanced and nutritious diet is the best way to help make sure your body is getting all the vitamins and minerals you need, sometimes you may need support from supplements. For healthy adults, supplements will help to retain your levels of vitamins and minerals within their normal range and may help support your body to perform at its most optimum. If you need a supplement to address a particular deficiency or concern it’s best to consult one of our helpful teammates in-store who can help point you in the right direction of the vitamins and mineral supplements that will work best for you.Browse all!